Happy spring! This warm weather has energized me to get into the kitchen more and bake up some goodies. I whipped up this tasty banana bread last night to use up some bananas that were past their prime. I was also given a small jar of lavender honey recently as a gift, and thought this would be the perfect opportunity to use it. This bread came out soft and light, and oh-so tasty. The use of white wheat flour and coconut oil make it a healthier treat and a perfect addition to your Easter brunch!
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup lavender honey
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups white wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Heat oven to 325°. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together the oil and honey. Add the eggs, mashed bananas and vanilla and mix to combine. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well until a batter forms. Pour into your prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool, then cut into slices.
*If you’d like more lavender flavor, you can add a teaspoon of dried lavender to the mix.