Fall is one of my favorite times of year, especially because it involves hearty foods and flavors. I get so delighted when I first see winter squash in the store each year, as that is a major sign for me that fall has arrived. I bought some delicata squash and Brussels sprouts this past weekend and got inspired to make a roasted veggie medley full of fall flavor. This is a great side dish to serve with any protein you like, or even as an addition to your Thanksgiving meal.
- 1 lb. delicata squash
- 1/2 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the squash in half lengthwise, and scoop the seeds out. Lay each side face down on a cutting board and slice into half rings (the skin can stay on the squash).
- Rinse the Brussels sprouts, then trim the ends and discard any bad outer leaves. Slice the sprouts in half.
- In a medium bowl, toss all the ingredients together. Spread out in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through, until lightly browned. Change the oven to a low broil and roast for a few more minutes to crisp up the veggies. Serves 2-3 as a side dish.