I looove me some good ol’ fashioned chocolate chip cookies. This is a super easy recipe that uses ingredients most people already have in their pantry, so no need to go hunting for anything special at the store. These cookies are soft and cakey, and perfect to have as a little snack after dinner.
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until whipped. Add the egg, vanilla and sugars and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined. Batter will be thick.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a melon baller or spoon, scoop batter into tablespoon-sized balls and place on the baking sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until bottoms are lightly browned. Let cool. Makes about 30 cookies.