It’s been a while since I posted! Things have been busy over the past week in my work and personal life, but I’m hoping to get back into my blogging groove again now. My mom came to visit this past weekend and I made this yummy breakfast bread. Every time I have a visitor I like to be a good hostess and bake something to have with coffee in the morning. Strawberries were on sale at the store last week and I also had a bunch of bananas to use up. I adapted my version from Skinnytaste’s Roasted Strawberry Banana Bread recipe and made a few small modifications. It came out fantastic!
- 1 1/4 cups diced strawberries
- 2 Tbsp. softened butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly spread the strawberries out on the sheet. Bake for 25 minutes; remove and set aside to cool.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add the egg, vanilla, coconut oil and bananas broken up into chunks. Continue beating until everything is thoroughly combined and there are no more large banana chunks.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and beat until a batter forms.
- With a wooden spoon, carefully stir in the almonds and roasted strawberries. Pour batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan. Remove from the pan and cut into slices. Makes 8 thick slices or 16 thin slices.
I smear a slice with almond butter for a sweet and filling breakfast or snack. Leave a comment if you make it and let me know what you think!