I have a MAJOR sweet tooth and am always looking for a small snack I can nosh on at night while I splay out on the couch watching Netflix. I experimented with some recipes and this one stuck. These are tasty little cookies that you can eat guilt-free if you have a gluttonous stomach calling out to you.
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 2 Tbsp. flax meal
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mash the banana in a medium bowl, then mix in the egg until combined. Add the extracts and coconut oil. Once combined, add all dry ingredients through salt until a batter forms. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop Tablespoonfuls of dough onto the cookie sheet. These will not spread, so they can be placed fairly close together. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies start to brown around the edges. Let cool on cookie sheet before transferring to an airtight container.
- Makes about 26 cookies at 77 calories each. Each cookie also has 2g of protein and only 3g of sugar.
If you make these cookies, let me know how you like them. Leave a comment!